- Download and Install Filezilla
- Visit the URL: FileZilla
- Click Download FileZilla Client link.
- After downloading the FileZilla client, complete the FileZilla installation.
- Use Filezilla to connect to your account
- Open the FileZilla client.
- Host: For the host value, enter yoursite.com.
- Username: Enter your cPanel username here.
- Password: Enter your cPanel password here.
- Port: The default port number is 21, but you can leave the port blank here.
- Click Quick Connect.
- Download your files from hosting server to your local computer
- In the upper-left window, click your desktop to open it.
- In the lower-left window, right click and choose "Create New Directory"
- Type a name (i.e. My Website Backup) to the directory.
- Double click the new directory in the lower-left window to navigate to it.
- In the lower-right window, click any folder and then hit Ctrl-a on your keyboard to highlight all of the files and folders.
public_html: If you want to download your website files, select the public_html directory
Email: If you want to download your email, select the mail directory.
Databases: Your databases are not stored in the same directory as your hosting account. You will need to download a backup of your databases separately.
- Right click on any of the highlighted files / folders and click "Download". This will download all of your files / folders to the "My Website Backup" folder that we created above.
There are several different ways you can download files to your local computer. We recommend the following: