Download Chrome Driver
How to Download the Latest Version of Selenium ChromeDriver?
- Step 1: Download the Google Chrome driver on Windows?
- Step 2: Unzip the chrome driver
- Step 3: Save ChromeDriver.exe inside maven project
Environment: Google Chrome Browser 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit), Windows 8 64 bit, Eclipse, Maven, TestNG
Step 1: Download the Google Chrome driver on Windows?
- Click here to go to Chrome Driver download page.
- Click on ChromeDriver 2.30 link. This is the latest version at the time of writing. Make sure to click the latest version.
- You will see list of chrome drivers for different operating systems. Click on chromedriver_win32.zip to download ChromeDriver for Windows.
- Wait until download is completed.
Step 2: Unzip the chrome driver
To extract the zip file:
- After download is complete, right click on the zipped file and select "Extract all".
- Specify where you want the extracted files to go to. You can keep the default directory or click the Browse button to specify a directory.
- Wait until the files are completely extracted.
- Once the files are extracted, a new file ChromeDriver.exe is created.
- Copy the file ChromeDriver.exe (Right click on the file > select Copy)
Step 3: Save the ChromeDriver.exe file inside your Maven project
- In your computer, go to this directory mavenprojectdirectory\src\main\resources. For example, if your maven project is in this location C:\selenium\Automation, you go to C:\selenium\Automation\src\main\resources
- Paste the ChromeDriver.exe file that your copied earlier.
- Now, open your maven project in Eclipse if not opened already.
- You should see ChromeDriver.exe under the folder src/main/resources as shown in the following picture: