Set Up Eclipse
Download and start Eclipse IDE
Operating System: 64 bit Windows 8
- Step 1: Download Eclipse
- Step 2: Extract the archive to a directory
- Step 3: Open Eclipse and create a workspace.
Step 1: Download Eclipse
- Click here to go to download page.
- Click on 64 bit under the heading Eclipse IDE for Java Developers section.
- Click on Download.
Save the .zip file to your computer directory.
Step 2: Extract the archive to a directory
- Right click on the Zip file > select Extract All.
- Select a destination where you want to extract the archive to.and then click Extract.
- Wait until the extraction process is finished...
- Once the extraction process is completed, you will see a new folder created. Rename the folder to eclipse. .
Step 3: Open Eclipse and create a workspace.
- Double click the eclipse folder to open it.
- Double click the eclipse.exe file to run Eclipse.
- “Workspace Launcher” window displays. You can use the default workspace or simply click the Browse button to select a different workspace. This workspace directory will contain all the program files you create.
- Eclipse IDE is opened. Welcome window for Eclipse may display. Just close the Welcome window. This will complete Eclipse IDE installation process.
- Restart the computer to refresh system memory and allows registration or configuration changes made by installers and uninstallers to take effect.
- Double click on eclipse.exe file to open the Eclipse IDE again.