When you transfer a domain name to us, problems can occur. On the Pending Transfers page in the Domain Manager, the Status and Admin Email columns provide information on how to resolve problems with your transfers. Refer to the list below to resolve problems with your incoming transfers.
- If one of the following error messages displays:
- Error: Domain locked — You must unlock your domain name at your current registrar, and then click Restart transfer now. account.
- Error: Privacy enabled — You must cancel the privacy for your domain name at your current registrar and change your administrative contact's (admin) email address (if necessary). Then, click Restart transfer now.
- Error: Invalid authorization code — You entered an invalid authorization code for your domain name transfer. Click Update authorization code to re-enter it.
- Error: Transfer rejected — Your current registrar rejected your domain name transfer. Contact your current registrar to resolve outstanding issues, and then repurchase the transfer in your account with us
- If your domain name is stuck in No action required: Initializing status:
- If you did not receive the transfer IDs required to authorize the transfer:
Normally, this status means that we are initiating your domain name transfer. However, if you registered or transferred the domain name in the past 60 days, ICANN policy says that you cannot transfer it. In this case, the Recommended Action for your transfer says, "You can only transfer domains that were last registered or transferred more than 60 days ago. We'll re-initiate this transfer when the domain is eligible." Your domain name will remain in this status until we can re-initiate the transfer (if it becomes eligible per ICANN policy), or until the transfer expires (30 days from purchase). If your transfer expires, contact our support team for assistance.
The Admin Email column displays the administrative contact's (admin) email address for the domain name, as listed in the Whois database. Depending on the situation, you might need to update your admin email address, update our records, or resend the transfer IDs to your admin email address.